Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is a LAN?
- What is TMC?
- Do I have to be a member of TMC to attend TMC-LAN?
- What are the rules?
- How much does it cost?
- Where is it?
- Can minors attend?
- What should I bring?
- Is there going to be food?
Frequently Answered Questions:
What is a LAN?
A LAN Party is an event where PC gamers bring their Personal Computer to a central location for the purpose of playing multiplayer PC games.
The size and length of these events varies depending on who is participating/ organizing and the rules of the venue hosting the event. You can find more general info about LAN Parties here.
What is TMC?
The Mowers Clan [TMC] is a social/gaming club. Formed in 1999, TMC continues today as one of the primary gaming groups in the Silicon Valley.
LANing is a big part of TMC. Throughout the years TMC has participated in virtually every major LAN party in the bay area. TMC has hosted several of their own LANs, as well as provided staffing for many major LANs. TMC can offer LANing services that include Network Administration, Server Administration, PR, Advertising, and Sponsorships.
TMC is actively involved with many aspects of the gaming and tech industries. Many of our members have participated in corporate focus groups for companies such as Nvidia, EA and Dell.
TMC regularly attends press events for new games, gaming magazines, and hardware releases. In addition, many TMC members work in the high tech and gaming industries, doing things such as networking, IT, game testing and marketing.
MORE THAN JUST GAMING:
While gaming is the central focus of the organization, building a community of gamers and friends is also a major aspect. In addition to gaming events, members of the clan do many other activities, including BBQs, hang out nights, and concerts.
So even if your gaming skills aren’t pro level, there is still a place for you in TMC if you are interested in gaming, and hanging out with cool like minded people.
For more information please visit: http://www.mowersclan.com/
Do I have to me a member of TMC to attend TMC-LAN?
Nope! However, we would encourage you to join our forums. The TMC forums are a good way to communicate with the local gaming community. There are also added benefits to being a TMC member, such as discounts to TMC-LAN, acess to un-advertised LAN events as well as member discounts on equipment and game sales between members.
What are the rules?
While you may not like some of these rules, they are desgned to maximize the fun of EVERYONE invoved (remember what you do effects others). Also a lot of these rules are in place for legal reasons, [TMC] doesnt want trouble with the law and neither do you or the venue owners.
The rules are as follows:
- You must be at least 18 Years of age or older to attend the party.
- No STEALING - (your ass will be kicked by all of TMC and then you will be asked to leave)
- No Alcohol- If you appear to be intoxicated / are being a nusance, you will be asked to leave.
- No illegal drugs - This should be self explanitory as the word "illigal" is right there in the description. Don't get everyone in trouble because you want to smoke.
- No porn trading or viewing - Naked pictures can be pretty neat, but have some courtesy and leave the viewing of such matieriels to your personal time (at home). If you can't keep your boner under control for the duration of this party then you may have a problem.
- No rough housing or horseplay - If you end up breaking equipment, you pay for it.
- No Smoking - Smoking is only allowed outside away from the entrance. We will be sure to show you where this is
How much does it cost?
The price of the LAN is: $15
See registration page for details.
Where is it?
See the registration page for the location and details for the next LAN event.
Can minors attend?
No. We don't want to deal with kid drama.
What should I bring?
- Your PC - Your WHOLE Computer, with keyboard, mouse, monitor, etc ...
- Network Cable - At least a 15 foot piece of CAT 5 net cable (the LONGER the BETTER).
- Power Strip- Bring your own, and make sure it's labeled as yours.
- HEADPHONES - No Speakers! Not even to power your headphones.
- Software - Please have all your games / software pre-installed. We don't have the bandwidth for you to download all your games at the event.
Is there going to be food?
No food will be provided, but you are welcome to bring your own, or buy food from nearby establishments.
All information contained on this site is copyrighted by G.Gervin and the Mowers Clan